4. Fort George
Fort George is noted by a simple plaque on a boulder on the grounds of George Washington High School and is honored in two street names in the vicinity. Fort George was constructed in 1776. It was utilized by the Continental Army to hold the British back following the Battle of Brooklyn, thereby allowing General Washington and his trooper to escape into Westchester and New Jersey. Between 1895 and 1914 the land was used for an amusement park, after which most of it was incorporated into High Bridge Park.