As part of the Municipal Art Society’s upcoming conference “On the Road to Resilience” on post-Hurricane Sandy preparedness, site visits to Sandy relief areas will be led by local partners to the following areas on Friday, January 11th:
- Staten Island, hosted by Council on the Arts and Humanities for Staten Island (COAHSI)
- The Rockaway Peninsula, hosted by Rockaway Waterfront Alliance & Walter Meyer, Local Office Landscape
- Red Hook, hosted by Red Hook Initiative
- Adapting to Change: Lower East Side Walking Tour hosted by Green Map
- Hudson River Park hosted by the Forum for Urban Design
- East River Esplanade & South Street Seaport hosted by the Forum for Urban Design
- Brooklyn Bridge Park hosted by the Forum for Urban Design
- NYCHA/Coney Island (tentative)
Additionally, Untapped Cities founder Michelle Young will be hosting a panel on “Communications, Social Media and Data” in disaster situations on Saturday, January 12th. Also facilitating will be Untapped Cities’ Digital Media Strategist, Alley Lyles, who comes from NYC Digital, part of the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment.
The conference is designed to foster a dialogue among a diverse group of stakeholders about shared experiences, so we invite all interested in participate in the day-long conference at the New School. Register at the MAS website.
Untapped Cities is a proud partner of On The Road to Resilience.