3. Billou-Stillwell-Perine House, Staten Island (1662)
The Billou-Stillwell-Perine House was constructed in 1662 (possibly 1665 according to other sources). It was by Pierre Billou, a Huguenot, though he did not remain there for long. In 1679, Thomas Stilwell purchased the house. His descendants owned the property through the mid-eighteenth century, at which point Edward Perine bought it (hence the house’s extremely long name). The Perine family remained there until 1913. The house is now part of Historic Richmond Town, which is a great reason to travel to Staten Island. Historic Richmond Town is akin to Colonial Williamsburg, except here, none of the buildings are recreations.