The Greco-Roman inspired Morgan Library and Museum was constructed between 1902 and 1906 as J. P. Morgan’s private library. The building, which has since been expanded, was designed by Charles Follen McKim. In 1924, the Library was opened to the public. The library’s interior is one of the most beautiful spaces in the City. (For more information on the Morgan Library photos of its ornate interior, check out our previous coverage).