3. Dollar Savings Bank Building
The Dollar Savings Bank Building at 2516-2530 Grand Concourse was originally constructed between 1932 and 1933 as the Fordham Savings Bank (with later additions) by Adolf L. Muller of Halsey, McCormack & Helmer, the same firm which designed Brooklyn’s Williamsburgh Savings Bank. The building was designed in the Art Deco style and is clad in Texas pink Granite ashlar, red brick, and terra-cotta. The bank’s facade contains epigrams devoted to the importance of saving. Both the bank’s interior and exterior were designated New York City Landmarks.
Source: Library of Congress