4. The Bronx Museum of the Arts
The Bronx Museum of the Arts started out in the rotunda of the Bronx County Courthouse. In 1982, the Museum moved into a former synagogue, also located on the Grand Concourse, where it can still be found today. The opening of the Bronx Country Courthouse itself was heralded citywide in 1934. Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia even officially transferred the seat of the municipal government from City Hall to the new courthouse for three days.