6. The RKO Hamilton Theater
The Hamilton Theater, located at 146th Street, was designed by Thomas Lamb and opened on January 23, 1913. The theater closed in 1958 and the space was subsequently used as a sports arena and then as a discotheque. The lobby is now another location of El Mundo while the interior of the theater has been left to deteriorate. The theater’s marquee was taken down in 1995. (For more photographs of the theater’s interior check out these great photos from Matt Lambros of After the Final Curtain).