12. Court Street (BMT) Station
The domed Kings County Courthouse was completed in 1865 and was the ninth iteration of the Kings County Supreme Courthouse. It was designed by the firm of Kellum and King, comprised of John Kellum and Gamaliel King. Kellum was also responsible for designing Manhattan’s Tweed Courthouse. The courthouse, which was demolished in the middle half of the twentieth century, has been all but forgotten except for those few individuals who are cognizant of what the Court Street Subway Station images represent.