10. The National Arts Club (Founded 1898)
Located next to the similarly stately The Players Club, The National Arts Club is housed in the former Samuel Tilden Mansion. Founded in 1898, the National Arts Club moved into the Tilden Mansion in 1906 from its original 34th Street location when a larger premises was necessary. The club counts three Presidents–Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and Dwight D. Eisenhower–in addition to the numerous painters, sculptors and architects that have formed its ranks.
The mission of the National Arts Club is to “stimulate, foster and promote public interest in the arts and educate the American people in the fine arts.” These days the club serves multiple functions for members and non-members. There are two galleries for rotating exhibitions, a dining hall with a great prix fix lunch menu and dinner, a bar, and multiple lounge areas. There are numerous subcommittees dedicated to various fields of art, including architecture, film, culinary, fashion, theater arts, literary, music and archaeology. There’s also a Young Members Committee.
See more photos of The National Arts Club here.