14. Park Slope Library, Brooklyn
The library located at 431 Sixth Avenue in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn was built by the architect Raymond F. Almirall in 1905-1906. It is one of four Brooklyn branches designed by Almirall. The library was closed from 1948 to 49 for long needed repairs, and from 1978 to 1981 it underwent a major rehabilitation, reopening in June 1981. It did retain many of its original features including wall paneling and fireplaces and the building is a designated New York City landmark.