8. Cadman Plaza Post Office
This large complex in Brooklyn’s Cadman Plaza, near Brooklyn Borough Hall, contains the United States Post Office Building, built in 1885 to 1891. It was designed by Mifflin E. Bell, supervising architect of the United States Treasury. A northern extension was added in 1930 to 1933 (on the right side of the photograph), designed by James Wetmore, Acting Supervising Architect of the United States. Today, the complex also contains the courthouse for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York.