Here’s what the Untapped staff is reading in the HQ today:
1. Video: Melissa McCarthy As Sean Spicer Spotted Rolling Down 58th Street [Gothamist]: Melissa McCarthy will be hosting Saturday Night Live for her sixth time this weekend, and on Friday morning she was spotted rolling down 58th Street in her Sean “Spicey” Spicer costume (it’s oh so pretty). As of 9 a.m. they are still filming. Here are some clips of “Spicey” on that rolling podium.
2. The five coolest abandoned places in New York City [TimeOut]: New York City is huge. In the city’s densest areas, people are packed like sardines, clawing for a few square feet of precious real estate. Yet, somehow, there are spaces across town that are completely abandoned—ruins of a New York of yesteryear. Many of these spots are insanely cool and are an urban explorer’s dream. Here are the five coolest abandoned spots around town waiting for you to explore (many of these places are off-limits, so if you end up running into Johnny Law during your adventures, don’t come blaming us).
3. Top 10 NYC Neighborhoods for All You Night Owls [NBCUniversal]: New York City is known as “The City That Never Sleeps” and with that title comes people working around the clock, including the night shift. So night owls, StreetEasy put together a list of the best neighborhoods for people who work that grave shift.
4. Mapping the Modern Transformation of New York City [CityLab]: We asked Chris Vaillancourt over at the mapping company ESRI to help us make more sense of how Gotham’s 55 sub-boroughs have gentrified and shifted in their populations over the last decade and a half.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities reads:
- 10 Must-See Buildings by Cass Gilbert in NYC
- The Top 10 Secrets of the American Radiator Building in Midtown, NYC
- Top 10 Indoor Public Spaces in Manhattan for Your Very Own Urban Oasis