Here’s what the Untapped staff is reading in the HQ today:
- Overshadowed by Past Rape Comments, David Choe’s Mural at the Bowery Wall is Defaced [Bowery Boogie]: It took less than a week for the latest mural at the Bowery wall to get completely vandalized. David Choe completed his colorful mishmash last Tuesday. Four days later, an epic tag was sprayed across the length of the artwork, courtesy of the Big Time Mafia graf crew.
- 21st Annual Brooklyn Pride Parade In Pictures [BKLYNER]: Despite President Trump’s refusal to acknowledge June as LGBTQ Pride month this year (a tradition started by former President, Bill Clinton), the 21st annual Brooklyn Pride Parade kicked off at 7:30 sharp Saturday evening.
- $1.56M Cobble Hill condo has a garden, rooftop terrace, and laid-back loft style [6sqft]: This bright, loft-like Cobble Hill condo pulls off a pretty neat trick: It’s on the ground floor (giving it a private garden) and it also has the penthouse perk of an enormous skylight and a private roof terrace just above.
- Hunting ghosts of the West 91st Street subway [EphemeralNewYork]: Above ground, it appears to have vanished without a trace. On each corner of 91st and Broadway, no signs of it remain—no sidewalk irregularities or remnants of mysterious staircases.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities reads:
- Porcelain From Old Toilets Used to Collect Stormwater and Build Oyster Reef in NYC’s Jamaica Bay
- The Top 10 Secrets of City Island, Bronx in NYC
- Film Locations: Orange is the New Black