6. The New Yorker’s First Ever Office Was in Hell’s Kitchen
It was in his apartment building at 412 West 47th Street in the 1920s that Harold Ross began the publishing institution known as The New Yorker in 1925. Frequent visitors to this building included literati such as Dorothy Parker, Ogden Nash, George Gershwin Harpo Marx and other members of the Algonquin Round Table. Since then, it’s moved to 4 Times Square and most recently to 1 World Trade Center.