Here’s what the Untapped staff is reading in the HQ today:
- Popular Pop-Up Pool Returns To Brooklyn Bridge Park For Final Season [BKLYNER]: New York City’s free outdoor pools reopen on Thursday, June 29 and pool season has been extended to September 10 (one extra week!) this year. This includes Brooklyn Bridge Park’s much-loved pop-up pool located at Pier 2, however, sadly, this summer may be the final season for this popular attraction.
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Brought a Tower of Trash to Straus Square Last Night [Bowery Boogie]: Did you see that massive pile of junk sitting in Straus Square? In case you were wondering, the tower of trash, so to speak, was actually set dressing for the Mr. Robot film shoot that happened around Seward Park yesterday.
- Coney Island Mermaid Parade: route and Brooklyn street closures [Curbed NY]: Everything you need to know about Coney Island’s spectacle of the year.
- An ‘Adult Lemonade Stand’ Debuts In Flatiron & A Biergarten Opens In Brooklyn [Gothamist]: Over at Pergola in the Flatiron, on Friday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. they have a new pop-up “adult lemonade stand” serving Petal Pops from FrutaPOP made with elderflower, lemonade and spiked with some Tito’s Vodka. Then, the verdant beer garden at legendary South Slope venue Grand Prospect Hall reopens for the season on Friday.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities reads:
- Then & Now: Remnants of the Vanderbilt Mansion in New York City
- 10 of NYC’s Oldest Historic Restaurants, Inns and Taverns
- Photos Inside the DeKalb Market Hall at City Point in Downtown, Brooklyn with First Outpost of Katz’s Deli