Here’s what the Untapped staff is reading in the HQ today:
- Central Park’s Belvedere Castle to get a $6 Million Makeover this Fall
[Spectrum News NY1]: Bring the magic back to the castle, no, not Hogwarts — Belvedere Castle in Central Park.The 19th century centerpiece was designed to provide a vantage point from one of the highest points in the park.
- The richest neighborhoods in New York City [Curbed NY]: Where do the wealthiest New Yorkers live? The answers may surprise you (or not).
- Making the Connection: How the BQX Connector Links the Past to the Future [Brownstoner]: It’s been decades since trolley cars rolled across Brooklyn and Queens streets, but the boroughs are growing in population along with the need for additional transit options.
- Dandy Point: the 1820s city’s popular swim spot [Ephemeral New York]: How did New Yorkers of the early 19th century handle summer?If they didn’t cool off at one of the city’s lovely pleasure gardens, they may have gone to Dandy Point—a popular East River recreation spot at today’s East 13th Street.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities reads:
- The Top 10 Secrets of Downtown Brooklyn in NYC
- Photographer Captures Stunning Vertical Panoramas of Churches in NYC and Around the World
- Watch Window Washers On a Midtown Skyscraper 900 Feet Above NYC