Here’s what the Untapped staff is reading in the HQ today:
- Citi Bike Dock Returns to Straus Square After Month-Long Hiatus [Bowery Boogie]: Motor vehicle traffic through Straus Square may have terminated, but the bike share just resumed. In other words, the Citi Bike dock returned to the new pedestrian plaza yesterday after a month-long hiatus.
Commemorate the 241st Anniversary of the Battle of Brooklyn This August [Brownstoner]: Today’s Brooklyn doesn’t look anything like it did during the American Revolution; where brownstones and a modern city now stand was once a battlefield. This August, festivities will once again take place commemorating the Battle of Brooklyn (also called the Battle of Long Island) and honoring Washington’s brave soldiers.
- Boating About in Prospect Park (Photos)
[Brownstoner]: Getting out onto the the water is a summertime ritual, as these vintage snaps of Brooklynites enjoying time out on the Lake in Prospect Park show. Whether paddling about in swan boats (pictured above) or letting electric boats do the work for them, Prospect Park goers have long taken advantage of the sailing opportunities provided in the midst of Brooklyn’s historic park.
The Living Stage Summer Festival coming to Meltzer Tower Garden [EV Grieve]: You may have seen some activity at Meltzer Tower Garden on First Street between First Avenue and Avenue A… Volunteers from the Superhero Clubhouse along with University Settlement are prepping the space for the Living Stage Summer Festival.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities reads:
- NYC Weekend Trip: 10 Must Visit Places in Haverstraw, a Historic Town in the Hudson Valley
- Inside the Historic New York Telephone Building: The Residences at One Hundred Barclay
- The Top 12 Secrets of the Rockaways in Queens, NYC