Here’s what the Untapped Staff is reading in the HQ today:
- The 20 best cheap things to do this weekend, bodega art edition [Brokelyn]: Order a cocktail to match your many moods at the opening of new cocktail bar Mood Ring, laugh out loud at NYC’s only traveling comedy festival and more.
- MTA turns to budget reserves to fund subway action plan amid board concerns [amNewYork]: MTA chairman Joseph Lhota has begun dipping into budget reserves to pay for his subway action plan and he’s calling once more for Mayor Bill de Blasio to kick in funding for it.
- African burial ground site in Harlem will get affordable apartments, memorial [Curbed NY, previously on Untapped]: This week, the City Council approved a zoning application that will allow developers to move forward with plans to convert the site of an African burial ground in East Harlem into a mixed-use project with “deeply affordable housing,” a cultural center, and a permanent public memorial.
- NYC Ferry orders three 350-passenger boats for service in 2018 [amNewYork]: After a summer of long lines and habitual delays, the city will be spending millions to order larger boats for NYC Ferry service, amNewYork has learned.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities articles:
- Why We Need Mounted “10-Foot Tall Officers” in NYC
- 11 of the Strangest Laws in NYC and New York State
- The MTA is Bringing Thousands of Digital Video Ads to the NYC Subway