Here’s what the Untapped Staff is reading in the HQ today:
- >Councilman Introduces Bill to Rename the Williamsburg Bridge After Sonny Rollins [Bowery Boogie]: For one Lower East Sider, the quest to rename the Williamsburg Bridge after Jazz saxophonist Sonny Rollins just took a major step forward. City Council is now reviewing a bill that would make this happen.
- Governors Island looks to add new food, entertainment venues to island’s attractions [Curbed NY]: Following the debut of the Governors Island’s The Hills last year, the trust managing the island is looking to activate other parts of the island, and make them more accessible to the public.
- For $125M, you can own this 46-acre North Shore island compound [6sqft]: For the third time in a 100-year history, this island compound off the North Shore of Long Island is looking for a buyer. Anybody willing to spend $125 million can own what’s known as Dosoris Island–which includes 46 acres of land, 10 acres of underwater rights and a 28-acre pond.
- The Future Home of Essex Street Market Gets Glassed up [Bowery Boogie]: By this time next year, the Essex Street Market will be in its new home. Until then, we watch the progress at Site 2, where the future headquarters is taking shape. In fact, with the topping out last week, the whole development is now starting to resemble all the renderings.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities articles:
- 11 Abandoned Places to Discover in Queens, NYC
- 13 Alternative NYC Events for a Spooky Halloween, 2017 Edition
- A Miniature Bridge Made of Pipe Cleaners Now on View by the West Side