Image via Flickr: Shinya Suzuki
Here’s what the Untapped Staff is reading in the HQ today:
- The Union Square Holiday Market opens on Thursday [TimeOut New York]: New York is starting to look very festive with all the holiday window displays, Christmas lights and Christmas trees popping up. Another notable sign that the holidays are getting closer is the opening of New York’s most beloved holiday markets.
- MTA subway elreak down at alarming rate, advocates say [amNewYork]: Three of the 15 elevators with the most outages this year are less than a year old, according to the agency’s most recent data. An elevator installed at the Lexington Ave-63rd Street station — part of the Second Avenue subway project — ranked sixth-worst for availability across the MTA’s 247 elevators over the course of this year.
- Culinary Traditions Alive In Little Pakistan [Bklyner]: On Coney Island Avenue, American-Pakistani women are trying to keep their culinary tradition alive in a tax office.
- The World’s 50 Best Bars Have Been Revealed and 7 of Them Are in New York City [NBC New York]: The annual list of “The World’s 50 Best Bars” has been released and seven of them are in New York City. The list is determined with the help of more than 500 drink experts, including drink writers, bartenders and cocktail aficionados from around the world.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities articles:
- Mozilla Firefox to Give Free Ferry Rides (and Donuts) in NYC Between Manhattan and Brooklyn
- At Blue Box Cafe, You Can Now Do Breakfast at Tiffany’s at Tiffany & Co. Flagship Store
- The Top 10 Secrets About NYC’s Co-op City