Image via Wikimedia Public Domain
Here’s what the Untapped Staff is reading in the HQ today:
- The 20 most popular hotels in New York City [USA Today]: New York City has plenty of hotels, from pods to chains to luxury properties that play host to U.S. presidents and other dignitaries. Expedia, at USA TODAY’s request, has ranked the top 20 New York City hotels in terms of how high in demand they are.
- Best things to do in NYC include Bronx Zoo Treetop Adventure, The Moth [amNewYork]: amNewYork’s annual Best Of guide celebrates all that New York City has to offer, from the classics that have shaped the city’s identity, like the New York Transit Museum, to classics in the making that will help it evolve, such as the Bronx Zoo Treetop Adventure.
- Chicago Pizza vs. the New York Slice [The New York Times]: Mayor Bill de Blasio’s press secretary tweeted on Saturday that a Chicago pizzeria was better than any other pizza out there — including New York.
- Subway Ridership Falls as M.T.A. Scrambles to Improve Service [The New York Times]: For years, even as service deteriorated, the number of people riding the New York City subways went in only one direction: up. The increase in ridership was so dramatic that officials often blamed overcrowding for contributing to the rising number of delays in a century-old system that is ill equipped to deal with the demand.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities articles:
- 10 Fun Facts About NYC’s Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
- 10 Highlights of MCNY Exhibit “Art in the Open: Fifty Years of Public Art in NYC”
- MTA Introduces the “Customer Service Ambassador” to Assist NYC Commuters