4. LIU Post’s Doll House Was Once a Playhouse
Located on Riggs Lawn between Mullarkey Hall and the residence halls, Long Island University Post’s historic Doll House was constructed in 1934 as part of the original Post estate. Called Deen-Wee, the structure was meant to serve as a “life-size doll house” / playhouse for Nedenia, Marjorie’s 11-year-old granddaughter.
For a period of time, the Doll House operated as a cafe, where students can grab a quick bite of food or a cup of coffee in between their classes.