The Joseph Delamar estate, Pembroke, was built in 1916 in Glen Cove, designed by C.P.H. Gilbert in the French neoclassical style. The 60,000-square-foot mansion included a cave, 70-foot water tower (with an elevator), which led to a tea room and indoor tennis court. The estate also included a bowling alley, private movie theater, squash courts, shooting ranges, and stained glass windows designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany.
When Captain Joseph R. De Lemar, a former miner and Idaho State Senator died in 1918, the estate was purchased by film producer and theater own Marcus Loew, who eventually passed it down to son Athur Loew. The mansion was demolished in 1968. What remains of the stables and tower is now the Legend Yacht and Beach Club. The entry gate to the estate still remains, as well.