Image via Wikimedia: MTA
Here’s what the Untapped Staff is reading in the HQ today:
- Lyft reveals that New Yorkers took the most rides to Katz’s, NYU, and the William Vale [6sqft]: Lyft just released its third annual Lyftie Awards, a tally of the company’s most-popular drop-off locations across the country, which increased from 24 cities last year to 32 this year and including cities from Honolulu to here.
- SantaCon is back: Where it will be, and where you should go instead [Curbed NY]: Get ready, New Yorkers: SantaCon is about to flood streets (and bars) of New York once again. If you live under a rock and haven’t seen or heard of SantaCon, it’s that one time of year where flocks of Santa and elf impersonators embark on a festive bar crawl, making a booze-fueled scene through the city that you’ll either find amusing or annoying to watch. It all goes down this Saturday, December 9 beginning at 10 a.m.
- Turnstile jumping data on arrests, summonses could be made public under City Council bill [amNewYork]:Suspecting that the enforcement of the offense disproportionately impacts minorities, the City Council’s Committee on Public Safety advanced a bill Thursday that would require the NYPD to publish more detailed data online
- As NYC’s first snow of season approaches, city sanitation is ready to try new tech [amNewYork]: For the first time, about 700 salt spreaders have been outfitted with a navigation device known as Magellan that helps direct drivers as they make their way through city streets.
Today’s popular Untapped Cities articles:
- 7 of NYC’s Smallest Restaurants
- NYC Filming Locations for The Punisher, Marvel Series about Frank Castle on Netflix
- The Top 12 Secrets of the Rockaways in Queens, NYC