Image via Flickr: Anthony Quintano
Here’s what the Untapped staff is reading in the HQ today:
- In Old Borscht Belt, New Casino Brings a Glimmer of Hope [The New York Times]:The 18-story casino and hotel rises above the tree line on the former grounds of the Concord, the grande dame of the borscht belt, outside Monticello. The building — with 332 suites, bars, restaurants and a 2,000-seat event center — is flanked by the reconfigured Monster golf course; a year-round indoor water park and lodge is under construction nearby that will offer more restaurants, as well as hiking and zip lines.
- The story of the twin houses of Commerce Street [Ephemeral New York]: In the West Village, at that wonderful cow-path bend where Commerce Street winds around to merge into Barrow Street, sit two stately antebellum homes.
- Where was the original WPIX yule log filmed? [Ephemeral New York]: WPIX Channel 11’s strangely mesmerizing Yule Log is a Christmas tradition for New Yorkers from the 1960s to the 1980s.
- How to stream New Year’s Eve celebrations from home [amNewYork]: If you’re celebrating the end of 2017 from home but you don’t have cable, you can still join in on the festivities from your computer or phone.
Today’s popular articles:
- 5 Remnants of NYC’s Pneumatic Tubes And Where to Find Them
- NYC Filming Locations for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon
- 10 Things the Dutch Introduced to NYC and America from Bowling to Santa Claus to Democracy