7. 336 East 140th Street

Located on the South side, between Alexander and Willis Avenues, 336 East 140th Street is a two-story house that’s identifiable by its segmental-arched windows with brick panels in between. It was formerly a stable owned by John Knox, who converted it into a residential home for A. J. Rogers in 1876. Other notable features include its wrought iron railing and its roof cornice that has unusual wood bosses in the frieze.