This weekend, join Untapped Cities as we explore one of New York City’s most iconic landmarks, the Brooklyn Bridge! As you cross the nearly 2,000-foot span to take in some of the best views of Manhattan, your expert guide will reveal the bridge’s fascinating 135-year history on our Secrets of the Brooklyn Bridge Walking Tour.
- Discover the Brooklyn Bridge’s secrets, including its old Cold War fall out shelter, the hidden champagne vaults, the bridge jumper survivor’s support group and so many others… *NOTE: we will not be going inside the shelter or vaults.*
- See an abandoned park hidden in plain sight as you explore the perimeter of the Manhattan anchorages of the bridge
- Uncover the hidden statue of the family of engineers who built the bridge
- Locate the site of the nation’s first White House
- Cross the bridge span, which offers one of the best vantage points in New York City
- Price: $35 per person
- What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes.
- What to know: The tour is 2-hours and crosses the Brooklyn Bridge from Manhattan to Brooklyn. Please consult with the MTA for weekend subway schedules and routing changes. NOTE: While this tour will cover the history of the vaults and Cold War shelter, we will not be going inside. No cancellations or refunds.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT THIS TOUR:
“The great adventure of the Roebling family’s pursuit of building a magnificent bridge from Manhattan to Brooklyn comes to life on this excellent walking tour. Lead by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide, Mandy Edgecomb, this tour featured a bottom to top look at the building of the bridge in the late 1800′, and some if it’s unique features and human interest stories. If you are a fan of the bridge and early NYC history – this is a must do tour!” – Bill F, Trip Advisor
“We spent a very interesting afternoon with Mandy walking the Brooklyn Bridge and being entertained by a guide who’s passion in infectious. If you have any interest in the history of NYC, I highly suggest you consider this tour. And the tour encompassed NYC history beyond just the bridge. Mandy is a terrific tour guide ~ bring your comfy walking shoes and enjoy!” – MichellesK4713ML, Trip Advisor
“It was fascinating to learn about the history of Brooklyn Bridge. Justin was a perfect guide – very knowledgeable and talked just the right amount, if you know what I mean. Very pleasant experience. Highly recommended.” — RiinaT2012, Trip Advisor
“Justin was full of fun and fascinating information. He seemed like he was enjoying the tour as much as we were! He kept everything moving along and enjoyable. It was a very quick 2 1/2 hours that I will do again. Thank you Justin!” — Michelle A, Trip Advisor
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR: