New York City’s Central Park is one of the most famous parks in the world. The iconic sites of this historic green space, visited by millions of guests per year, are easily recognized, but many people don’t know the hidden stories behind them. This weekend, join Untapped Cities’ on a guided walk through of Central Park to uncover the little known stories and fascinating tales hidden within. Led by an expert, licensed New York City tour guide, our Secrets of Central Park Walking Tour will show you a side to the park you never knew!
- Hear about the massive civic project that transformed a wasteland into an urban pleasure ground
- Learn about the curious origins of the Central Park Zoo and the corruption scandal that caused a riot
- Uncover the hidden meaning in Bethesda Terrace’s sculptures and the forbidden love that inspired the park’s most famous statue
- See the secret bolt left behind from the creation of Manhattan’s street grid
- Discover the secret navigational device that keeps pedestrians from getting lost on the park’s winding paths
- Price: $35 per person
- What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes
- What to know: The tour is approximately 2 hours long and covers 2 miles. Note: some of the walking surfaces are uneven and require ascending a moderate incline. No cancellations or refunds.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT THE TOUR:
“It was a perfect tour of Central Park highlighting things many New Yorkers don’t even know about their beautiful park! The guide was very knowledgable, polite and open to many questions. A wonderful experience! I learned many new things about Central Park and will definitely share them with my family and friends. I am looking forward to more guided tours with this guide and the company.” — regina251, Trip Advisor
“Jeff, our tour guide was fabulous! There were many interesting facts that I never knew about Central Park. I always wanted to explore the park more but never knew where to go in the park & what areas I was visiting. I highly recommend this tour.” – Mishmcnel, Trip Advisor
“We loved this tour!! Our guide Jeff’s passion for the city was obvious and he is so knowledgable, engaging and a wonderful raconteur! Even though we had a very hot day to take the tour the 2 hours flew. I’m only sorry I didn’t start taking tours with these guys sooner!!” — KTajer72, Trip Advisor
“Jeff was both informative and entertaining. The pacing was perfect. I saw Central Park as I never saw it before.” – docpat97, Trip Advisor
“Great Tour of Central Park! Excellent tour of Central Park with a lot of very interesting information provided by our tour guide.” — nicephoras, Trip Advisor
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR: