As summer starts to draw near to an end, now is the time to jump on one of our most popular tours before the season is over! This Sunday, join one of our expert and licensed New York City tour guides for a stroll through Brooklyn’s Prospect Park as you uncover all of the secrets hidden within. A pastoral oasis considered the masterpiece of landscape architects Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux (the same team who designed Central Park), Prospect Park boasts sprawling meadows, indigenous forests, and impressive manmade bodies of water which hide underground tunnels, remnants of the Revolution, an inconspicuous cemetery and so much more. Learn more about this experience and book your spot below!
- Uncover the secrets and symbols of Grand Army Plaza, the monumental entrance to the park
- Learn about the park’s ingenious design and the monumental task of transforming it from a wasteland into a pastoral haven
- Hear about the secret tunnels beneath the park’s surface
- Visit the once-idyllic garden that devolved into a symbol of the park’s decay (and is being restored to its former glory!)
- Discover the innovative initiatives to combat storm damage and erosion, including recycling historic elements and employing a squadron of livestock
- See the private cemetery within the park – home to a Hollywood legend
- Stroll Brooklyn’s last remaining forest and discover Olmstead’s hidden tricks to enhance the woodland
- Hear about mysterious happenings inside the park, including mystic rituals and supernatural park-goers
- Price: $35 per person
- What to bring: Comfortable walking shoes
- What to know: The tour is approximately 2 hours long and covers 2 miles. Note: some of the walking surfaces are uneven and require ascending a moderate incline. No cancellations or refunds.
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR: