6. Warwick Drive-In Theatre (5 Warwick Turnpike, Warwick, NY 10990)
Photo Courtesy of Beth Seeber Wilson
The Warwick Drive-In has been in owner Beth Wilson’s family for over 21 years. The original drive-in was built in 1950 by Charles and Mary Finger in partnership with George and Adeline Miller on five acres of land in Orange County, NY. The Finger family ran the theater for 25 years. In 1977, the Fingers retired and sold the theater to Beth Wilson’s father Frank Seeber. Seeber dreamed of owning his own theatre since he began working in the business at thirteen years old cleaning windshields for tips. Seeber and his wife added two screens, modern projection rooms and ticket selling stations as they expanded the theatre to 11 acres in the 1980s. In 1995 the Seebers retired and their daughters Beth and Laurey took over operations. In addition to the steadfast family ownership, another constant at the Warwick Drive-In has been employee Joan Damon who has run the concession area since the 1970’s.
In 2014 the theater converted from film to digital projection. Every night double features are presented on three big screens and home-cooked food is served at the concession stand. The Warwick Drive-In will be open for the re-opening of New York State this weekend.