The Untapped New York team is expanding! We’re hiring for two types of positions, an Operations Coordinator (Part-Time) and for a slew of new tour guides! Please see below for descriptions, To apply, email [email protected], introduce yourself and include your resume!
Operations Coordinator: (Part-Time)
- Manage customer service inquiries for our tours and membership program
- Serve as the primary contact for our tour guests and members
- Engage with our community of members by activating social media channels and creating newsletters
- Manage the flow of information between Untapped New York back office and our members
- Managing the tour booking system and our tours and membership websites
- Assist in the marketing efforts of our tours and membership program
- Experienced in using WordPress
- Experienced with Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
- Efficient and accurate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knows how to prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as communicate internally in a timely manner
- Demonstrated interest in tourism and New York City
- Strong writing skills or journalistic writing background a plus
Tour Guides (Part-Time)
Untapped New York is hiring guides to lead walking tours in New York City.
Who we are looking for:
- High energy and enthusiastic guides
- People with an ability to connect with guests of all ages
- Must have a deep passion for NYC’s history and architecture
- An understanding of NYC’s public transportation system
- Experience in the hospitality industry and/or theater background is a plus
- Must have a NYC Sightseeing Guide License, or be willing to get one
Guides work on a freelance basis, and there is no fixed number of hours per week.
To apply, email [email protected], introduce yourself and include your resume!
Note: Our summer editorial internship class is full but if you are interested in a fall internship, please apply at [email protected] with your resume and five article pitches.