7. Sedgwick and Jerome-Anderson Avenue Subway Station
The abandoned Sedgwick and Jerome-Anderson station in The Bronx is one of many abandoned subway stations, levels, and platforms throughout the city. First opened in 1918, the station was once a part of the Ninth Avenue El, which was the first elevated railway in New York City history. The station closed in 1958 after serving as a Polo Grounds Shuttle for 18 years.
While most of the stops on the line have since been demolished, pieces of the tracks at the Sedgwick and Jerome-Anderson station still remain as remnants to a past era. Access to the Jerome-Anderson side of the station is extremely limited today as the elevated platforms are gone, so a bit of climbing is required to see some of the most intriguing portions of the abandoned tracks. However, the Sedgwick side of the platform is more visitor-friendly as it is accessible via a footbridge.