Located in Garrison, New York, Boscobel is considered to be one of the finest examples of Federal-style architecture in New York. The house was constructed between 1804 and 1808 on a 250-acre riverfront site and was commissioned by States Dyckman.
In 1924, Westchester County purchased the property to turn it into a park. However, by the mid-1950s the house was slated for demolition. Ultimately, the house was dismantled and stored in a barn for a year until a new site (15 miles away) was found and reconstructed.