9. Marketfield Street
Marckvelt Steegie, in 1626, was the site of a Dutch livestock market. By 1695, under British reign, something else for sale on that street and it acquired the name Petticoate Lane. According to the Landmarks Designation report, prostitutes would gather on this street near the fort. The name Petticoate Lane was changed back to an English translation of the Dutch name after the Revolution and became Marketfield Street.