Members Only Preview of Untapped New York’s Greenwich Village Coffee Tour and Tasting
Be the first to experience Untapped New York's brand new experience: Greenwich Village Coffee Tour and Tasting! On this tour led by expert tour guide Justin Rivers, Insiders will discover the surprising history of coffee in New York City while exploring its iconic birth place: Greenwich Village. We will learn how New York and coffee go hand-in-hand both in cultural and economic development. We will hear the story of one of the most successful coffee entrepreneur of the early 20th century, who’s first shop was in Grand Central and who was a woman! In between sampling coffee at some of the retailers that popularized America’s favorite beverage, you’ll get a crash course in coffee history from its ancient discovery in Africa to its sustainable farming movements of the past few years. We will also highlight many of Greenwich Village’s hidden historical gems, like the Minetta Brook, and explain their connection to coffee. By the end of this experience you will have tasted: an espresso, a drip coffee, chocolate covered coffee beans and a cappuccino… so you will be caffeinated!
HOW TO BOOK
If you are already an Untapped New York Insider, log in to your account, and sign up for this tour on this page when registration opens on 01/10 at 12 PM EST.
If you are not an Untapped New York Insider yet, join today and register for this tour on this page when tickets go live on 01/10 at 12 PM EST.
If you don't see a "Book Now" button on this page, it means you are not logged in as an Untapped New York Insider and/or registration has not opened yet.
Tickets are limited to one per member, unless the member is an Explorer level member and can bring a guest. Tickets are non-transferable and your membership must be active when the tour takes place. Each booking will be verified to ensure each guest is a member.
Please be courteous of your fellow Insiders – if you are no longer able to make a tour but have ticket(s), let us know at [email protected] so we can release those spots to other members. We hope you are as excited as we are about this experience and hope you can join us!
See our full list of Untapped New York Insiders member events and our upcoming public tours.
- Registration opens for BOTH dates Friday, January 10th at 12PM EST
- Date: Friday, January 24th, 2020 at 2:00pm-3:30PM and Saturday, January 25th at 2:00PM-3:30PM
- Capacity: 12 guests per tour. Spots allocated on a first come first serve basis
- Meeting Location: Minetta Triangle, N/E Corner of Ave. of Americas and Minetta Ln, New York, NY 10012 Closest subway is the A,C,E at West 4th Street
- Drink a cappuccino from NYC’s oldest cafe
- Discover the former cafe that became the unofficial birthplace of the off-off Broadway theatre movement
- Taste coffee treats from New York City's oldest whole bean retailers
- See NYC’s first espresso machine
- Learn how NYC coffee culture played host to the first Stock Exchange and was considered to be the world's first internet