Tour the Fabulously Retro TWA Hotel
Transport yourself back to 1962 for a guided tour of the fabulously retro TWA Hotel inside the Eero Saarinen designed TWA Flight Center. On this special tour led by Events Manager Chris Betz, Insiders will learn about the history of the formerly abandoned landmark and see all of the hotel's stunning renovated spaces including the rooftop infinity pool, mid-century guest rooms, the iconic Sunken Lounge, Connie the airliner turned cocktail lounge, the fitness center and various on-site pop-up exhibits. After the tour, Insiders are welcome to continue exploring the hotel and purchase a drink or food at Connie, The Sunken Lounge or the Paris Cafe.
Built between 1956 and 1962 for Trans World Airlines, the TWA Flight Center was in use until 2001 when the airline was acquired by American Airlines. The opening of the TWA Hotel in 2019 was a highly anticipated event, as New Yorkers waited to see the final product of years of preservation work and renovations. Today, the TWA Hotel pays homage to the building's past by incorporating a fun yet sleek mid-century aesthetic into every space and event.
This is a members-only event.
HOW TO BOOK
If you are already an Untapped New York Insider, log in to your account, and sign up for this tour on this page when registration opens on 3/10 at 12 PM EST.
If you are not an Untapped New York Insider yet, join today and register for this tour on this page when tickets go live on 3/10 at 12 PM EST.
If you don't see a "Book Now" button on this page, it means you are not logged in as an Untapped New York Insider and/or registration has not opened yet.
Tickets are limited to one per member, unless the member is an Explorer level member and can bring a guest. Tickets are non-transferable and your membership must be active when the tour takes place. Each booking will be verified to ensure each guest is a member.
Please be courteous of your fellow Insiders – if you are no longer able to make a tour but have ticket(s), let us know at [email protected] so we can release those spots to other members. We hope you are as excited as we are about this experience and hope you can join us!
See our full list of Untapped New York Insiders member events and our upcoming public tours.
- Registration for this event opens on Tuesday, March 10th at 12PM EST
- Date and Time: Saturday, March 21st, 2020 at 2:00PM- 3:00PM
- Capacity: 25 guests. Spots available on a first come, first served basis.
- Meeting Location: Please meet at the information desk beneath the Solari board at the main entrance of the TWA Hotel at One Idlewild Drive JFK International Airport, NY 11430
- See the stunning renovation of the formerly abandoned TWA Flight Center
- Go inside the retro themed guest rooms
- Visit the rooftop infinity pool
- Stop at the vintage airliner which is now a cocktail bar