Image Courtesy of Yonkers Raceway
Experience a behind-the-scenes tour like no other, as Yonkers Raceway at Empire City Casino opens its barn doors to Untapped Cities Insiders! After arriving on the 97-acre property, Insiders will enter the raceway’s legendary paddock where harness racing’s premier horses await their turn to claim victory on the 119-year old track. Get up-close-and-personal with these magnificent animals while hearing from a world-class driver and harness racing expert. You will even get some tips on how to bet on the ponies. Insiders will have exclusive viewing privileges from the private Drivers’ Building and the Winner’s Circle, offering views of the race like no other. We will all take a group photo with the winning horse and driver in the Winner’s Circle at the end of the tour.
Insiders are welcome to stay for the remaining races or head inside to try their luck on any of Empire City Casino’s more than 5,000 slot machines and electronic table games, enjoy free live music in the Entertainment Lounge, or stop by The Pub for one of their new and refreshing cocktails.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour and racing experience
- Go inside the paddock where horses wait for the races
- Meet & greet with world-class racing driver and racing expert
- Watch the races from the Driver’s Building and Winner’s Circle
- Wagering lesson and complimentary racing program
- Empire City Casino by MGM Resorts swag bag
- Group photo opportunity inside the Winner’s Circle with the winning horse and driver
DATE: Tuesday, August 27th, 2019, 6:15PM-7:15PM AND 8:00PM-9:00PM (These are two separate tours, so more Insiders can be accommodated!)
PRICE: FREE for Untapped Cities Insiders!
CAPACITY: 6 guests per tour. Spots allocated on a first come, first served basis.
REGISTRATION: Tuesday, August 13th at 12PM EST
Check out photos from our first Insider’s visit to the track!
WHAT TO KNOW: There are multiple convenient ways to get to the Yonkers Raceway:
- Bus Routes & Shuttle Services: Direct round-trip shuttle service to Empire City Casino is offered from a variety of locations in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut by many transportation companies. Bus stops are located near subway stops, train stops, and other popular areas. Most packages include food and/or free play vouchers with the ticket price. Shuttle service routes can be found on empirecitycasino.com.
- Several Bee-line Bus Routes make stops at Empire City Casino as well, including the Route 7, 20, BxM 4c, 430, 440, and 470 lines. Bus routes and times can be found on westchestergov.com.
- Metro-North offers a “one-day-getaway” option that is the most popular package offered by the MTA. The package costs $18.75 and includes a $10 free play and $10 food voucher, as well as free shuttle service offered by Empire City Casino from the Mount Vernon West train station to the casino, less than a mile up the road.
- Subways: NYC visitors may take the #4 train to Woodlawn, and then take Bee-line Bus #20 to Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway. You can also take the #5 Train to Nereid Ave or the #2 Train to Wakefield.
- Valet: Empire City Casino offers valet services at the 560 Central Park Ave entrance. Insiders wishing to valet for the tour will be provided a valet comp card for their convenience.
- Self-Parking: Being situated on a nearly 100-acre property has its advantages, including space for a generously-sized self-parking lot that is free for visitors to utilize.
- App-Based Ride Sharing Services:For the tech- and digital device-savvy visitor, getting to Empire City Casino is just a quick touch away via your favorite app-based ride sharing service. The casino has a convenient, designated drop-off/pick-up area located at the Grand Victorian Hall entrance next to the racetrack.
HOW TO BOOK: This is a members-only tour for Untapped Cities Insiders.
If you are already an Untapped Cities Insider, log in to your account and sign up for this tour on this page when registration opens on 8/13 at 12 PM EST.
If you are not an Untapped Cities Insider yet, join today and register for this tour on this page when tickets go live 8/13 at 12 PM EST.
If you don’t see a “Book Now” button on this page, it means you are not logged in as an Untapped Cities Insider and/or registration has not opened yet.
Tickets are limited to one per member, unless the member is an Explorer level member and can bring a guest. Tickets are non transferable and your membership must be active when the tour takes place. Each booking will be verified to ensure each guest is a member.
Please be courteous of your fellow Insiders – if you are no longer able to make a tour but have ticket(s), let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can release those spots to other members. We hope you are as excited as we are about this experience and hope you can join us!