Tour the Historic Montauk Club
- See the historic club lobby and reception room, largely unchanged from 1889
- Explore the ballroom, a space originally used as a library for members, now used for large private and member events
- Ascend the grand staircase to the second floor, originally the games floor with card rooms and multiple pool tables, now the member bar and dining room
- Learn about the controversy over serving women at the oak bar on the second floor, installed in the mid-1930’s following the repeal of Prohibition
- View the club’s extensive stained glass and quatrefoil windows, inspired by a palazzo on the Grand Canal in Venice
About the event:
The Montauk Club is a private club founded in 1889. The club moved into its current Venetian Gothic palazzo-inspired building in Park Slope, Brooklyn in 1891. The interiors of the club are rarely open to the public but often seen on screen in shows like Boardwalk Empire and The Knick. Famous figures who have appeared at the club include presidents John F. Kennedy, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Grover Cleveland, and William McKinley. On this tour, you’ll get to explore the gorgeous Frances H. Kimball-designed clubhouse while hearing stories about the club’s history and uncovering its architectural hidden gems.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event for free!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($15/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($25/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! We repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!