Tour the Schooner Apollonia
Come aboard and take a tour of the Schooner Apollonia while it’s docked at the South Street Seaport Museum. It’s one of the first ships to bring freight goods by sail to NYC in about a century!
- Private Tour of the Apollonia, Hudson Valley’s largest carbon-neutral merchant vessel
- Meet the Crew
- Learn about how the Apollonia is powered by wind and uses vegetable oil
- Learn about the cargo the Apollonia is bringing from upstate New York and get your own jar of Hudson Valley Bee honey with a $10 donation!
About this Tour:
The Apollonia is powered by wind and uses vegetable oil, making it Hudson Valley’s largest carbon-neutral merchant vessel. The Apollonia is being run as a for-profit business with a mission that has “a transparent and reproducible business model — to provide carbon-neutral transportation for shelf-stable local foods and products. Connecting the traditions of slow food, fair trade, and carbon neutrality, we will inspire and train a new generation of Hudson River stewards and create green living-wage jobs in the growing river-based economy.The boat will not leave the marina.
- There are multiple timeslots available for this event, but each tour is limited to only 8 people.
- Insider level members can book 1 ticket, Explorer level members can book 2.
- All guests must complete and return a signed COVID waiver at the event
- All guests are required to wear a mask