Tour St. Bartholomew’s Church
Photos by Kara Flannery
Tour the historic St. Bartholomew’s Church with Carole French of the St. Barts Conservancy.
- Visit the the Stanford White Triple Portal and the Children’s Chapel
- Hear about the historic Vanderbilt connection, including the artifacts of that connection displayed in and around the Church
- See items of sculpture and tessera brought to Park Avenue from the Renwick Madison Avenue Church
- Learn about the French cultural connection that influenced the Art Deco mosaics for the Church’s interior
- See the organ console and its constituent pipes arrayed around and above the Church nave
About the event:
St. Bartholemew’s, also known as St. Bart’s, is located on 325 Park Avenue on the Upper East Side and takes up an entire block. The current building replaced the original church that was located on Madison Avenue but suffered structural issues that eventually caused it to close. The church was designed by Bertram Goodhue in Romanesque and Byzantine Revival styles. In 1967, the church was designated a National Landmark by the New York City Landmark Commission and its preservation continues today.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event for free!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($15/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($25/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! We repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!