Behind-the-Scenes Tour and Listening Session at StereoBuyers Red Hook Warehouse
For the last 20 years, StereoBuyers has been buying and selling the rarest, best-sounding, and most expensive hifi equipment ever produced – and now you get a chance to hear it and what makes it special.
- Meet Chief Experience Officer Justin Rivers at Erie Basin Park (the IKEA ferry) for a quick historic walk of the Red Hook waterfront and historic store houses you’ll be going into for the event.
- Learn about what makes some of this equipment “high end” and why it can make music sound so real
- See vintage equipment that is rarely seen anywhere outside of magazines
- Experience two very different stereo system setups pulled from their vast inventory – tubes vs solid state, vintage vs modern, etc. (It will be a surprise, but a good surprise!)
- Sit in the sweet spot in the listening room and play whatever you want.
About this Event:
StereoBuyers has been in Red Hook, Brooklyn for years, helping to find new homes for the finest high-end audio gear, but rarely throws open its doors to the public to listen. Join Chief Experience Officer Justin Rivers, and Pete Raho from StereoBuyers for a look behind the scenes and to experience some of the best audio equipment ever produced. StereoBuyers buys and sells thousands of pieces of equipment every year, all around the world – often for tens of thousands of dollars. StereoBuyers has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Stereophile, and on Steve Guttenberg’s Audiophiliac channel.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event for free!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($15/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($25/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.
The event is sold out?
In-person Insider tours may have limited capacity and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
But don’t worry! We repeat our most popular events when possible so you will have another opportunity to join us. There are also multiple other members-only events weekly that you can join in!