Get a rare insight into this important and pioneering residential development and visit inside one of the Striver’s Row townhouses
- Tour Strivers Row with long-time resident and homeowner, amateur historian and Untapped New York Insider, Mark Satlof.
- Learn about developer David H. King’s futuristic vision for the King Model Houses planned development.
- See the stately homes of famous musicians Eubie Blake and W.C. Handy, prominent and pioneering Black doctors and educators, New York’s first Black police officer Samuel Battle and many more luminaries.
- Stroll through what is thought to be Manhattan’s only “Philadelphia-style” service alley.
- Step back in time with an optional visit to inside a townhouse that contains one of the block’s most well-preserved original interiors on the first floor
About this Event:
On this tour led by Mark Satlof, a 22-year-resident of Strivers Row and an Untapped New York Insider himself, Insiders will get a rare insight into this important and pioneering residential development. As you enjoy a lovely guided stroll through the two blocks that comprise the St. Nicholas Historic District, you will learn how this unique micro-neighborhood arose, its history from 1892 through today, and hear about its distinguished and famous residents past and present. Enjoy the area’s restaurant scene and other attractions following your tour.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today and join this event for free!
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
How many tickets can I reserve?
If you are an Insider level member ($15/month), you can reserve 1 ticket to this event. Explorer level members ($25/month) can reserve 2 tickets. If you are a Virtual level member but would like to attend, it’s easy to upgrade your account here!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. If you still can’t log in, please email: [email protected]