Photograph by Heather Schnell
Join Allison Huntington Chase, aka Madame Morbid, and a group of talented storytellers, writers and comedians for a night of story telling at Caveat. Untapped Cities Insiders will be regaled with tales of the storytellers’ favorite deadly women. Learn what drove these femme fatales to murder, a traditionally male-dominated activity. There will also be trivia with prizes that include two pairs of tickets for Madame Morbid’s Trolley Tours and two copies of Tori Telfer’s book, Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History!
Featuring stories by:
- Allison Huntington Chase: CEO of Madame Morbid’s Trolley Tours. Allison grew up in Hartford, CT and has a degree in Screenplay Writing from the School of Visual Arts. As a child, her father created one of the world’s largest haunted houses, which was featured in New York Times, Entertainment Tonight, and Newsweek as “one of the best haunted houses in the country,” thus making her the 2nd generation of ghost tours.
- Robin Browne: Cohost of the podcast “That’s the Spirit” and is fascinated by all things spooky and dark. Robin is a stage IV cancer survivor and a regular contributor to Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls website. She has one cat and can usually be found watching reality TV in bed.
- Stephanie Fagan: Stephanie is an actor and writer who loves ghosts. She and Robin Browne host “That’s The Spirit,” a weekly podcast about all things macabre.
- Dana Lewis and Nicole Saraniero are best friends and co-hosts of Beyond, a podcast where they use their curious minds and foul mouths to chat about all things back in time, out of this world and behind the veil. Since meeting in college they have bonded over their shared obsessions with the mysteries of the universe, literature and taking financially irresponsible trips to London. Dana is an English teacher in Queens and Nicole is a contributor to Untapped Cities and also works in television production.
- Tori Telfer is a writer who specializes in crime, history, and weirdos. Her first book, Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History (Harper Perennial), was published last fall, and called “exceptionally well-sourced and engaging, if gory” by NPR. Her nonfiction writing has appeared in Vulture, theAtlantic.com, Smithsonian, Salon, Vice, Jezebel, The Hairpin, The Awl, The Believer (forthcoming), and elsewhere, and has been featured several times on longform.org. Her podcast, Criminal Broads, is about wild women on the wrong side of the law. She has a serial killer anecdote for every social situation, and is always overjoyed to talk about “going freelance” (not to be confused with “going clear”).
DATE: Tuesday, September 18th at 9:30PM. Doors at 9:00PM
CAPACITY: 10 guests. Spots allocated on a first come, first served basis.
THINGS TO KNOW: This event is mixed seated and standing room. Seats are first-come first-serve, and seating is limited so it is advised that you arrive by 9:00 when doors open. Must be 21+ to attend.
REGISTRATION: Tuesday, September 4th at 12PM EST
HOW TO BOOK:
If you are already an Untapped Cities Insider, log in to your account and sign up for this tour on this page when registration opens on 6/26 at 12 PM EST.
If you are not an Untapped Cities Insider yet, join today and register for this tour on this page when tickets go live 6/26 at 12 PM EST.
If you don’t see a “Book Now” button on this page, it means you are not logged in as an Untapped Cities Insider and/or registration has not opened yet.
Tickets are limited to one per member, unless the member is an Explorer level member and can bring a guest. Tickets are non transferable and your membership must be active when the tour takes place. Each booking will be verified to ensure each guest is a member.
Please be courteous of your fellow Insiders – if you are no longer able to make a tour but have ticket(s), let us know at email@example.com so we can release those spots to other members. We hope you are as excited as we are about this experience and hope you can join us!
See our full list of Untapped Cities Insiders Tours and our upcoming Public Tours.