Untapped Cities Insiders are invited to tour the historic Federal Hall, a landmarked building that stands at the site of the nation’s first Congress and where George Washington was sworn in as America’s first president. On this Ranger guided tour, Insiders will learn about the site from before the current building’s construction through to the story of the museum and memorial that exist today. The current structure, a historic Customs House, later served as part of the US Sub-Treasury and is now a National Historic Site where people can learn about our first President and the beginnings of the United States of America.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Learn about historic events in American history such as John Peter Zenger’s trial for libel and the birth of the freedom of the press, The Stamp Act Congress and the beginnings of the American Revolution and George Washington’s inauguration as the first president of the United States
- Hear how Federal Hall was used as the first capitol building, housing the Congressional, Supreme Court, and Executive Branch offices
- Take note of the building’s Greek Revival architectural style
- Learn about the Sub-Treasury and the federal banking system
- Discover how the site was transformed into a National Memorial
DATE: Friday, April 5th, 3:00PM – 3:45PM The tour will last approx. 30 minutes
PRICE: FREE for Untapped Cities Insiders!
CAPACITY: 30 guests. Spots allocated on a first come, first served basis.
REGISTRATION: Opens Friday, March 22nd at 12:00PM EST
BOOKED OUT – Get on the wait list here!
WHAT TO KNOW:
- No food, beverages (except water), or chewing gum may be consumed in the museum and there are no eating facilities
- Historic artifacts in the museum are quite old and fragile. Therefore, no one may touch them and no one may sit or lean on the historic furniture or architectural features.
- Members of each tour group must all stay together as a group. It is not permitted for individuals to wander off to other rooms or areas. The directions of the Park Ranger must be followed.
HOW TO BOOK: This is a members-only tour for Untapped Cities Insiders.
If you are already an Untapped Cities Insider, log in to your account, and sign up for this tour on this page when registration opens on 3/14 at 12 PM EST.
If you are not an Untapped Cities Insider yet, join today and register for this tour on this page when tickets go live on 3/14 at 12 PM EST.
If you don’t see a “Book Now” button on this page, it means you are not logged in as an Untapped Cities Insider and/or registration has not opened yet.
Tickets are limited to one per member, unless the member is an Explorer level member and can bring a guest. Tickets are non transferable and your membership must be active when the tour takes place. Each booking will be verified to ensure each guest is a member.
Please be courteous of your fellow Insiders – if you are no longer able to make a tour but have ticket(s), let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can release those spots to other members. We hope you are as excited as we are about this experience and hope you can join us!
BOOKED OUT – Get on the waitlist here!