Private Remnants of Penn Station Tour
- Discover the past, present and future of Penn Station, including the newly opened Moynihan Station
- See over a dozen indoor and outdoor old-station remnants hidden in plain sight
- Learn insider navigation tips for one of the most cramped and complicated transit hubs in North America
- See never-before-seen old station photos from the collections of three photographers who photo documented Penn’s life and demolition
- Receive a framable, reproduction ticket of the first commuter ride into Pennsylvania Station from 1910
Guests Love This Tour!
- A fabulous adventure exploring Grand Central and Penn Stations and the NY Subway! I scheduled 2 private tours for my husband and our 13 year old grandson, the Secrets of Grand Central Station and The Remnants of Penn Station at 2 separate times on one day, both with Justin. Justin suggested it might be more fun for our grandson if we combined the tours and rode the subway to include the secrets of the NY Subway, usually offered as a separate tour. The resulting tour was fabulous! Justin's sensitivity to what our grandson would enjoy most was spot on, and his visuals brought it all to life. My husband and I were thrilled with Justin's attention to detail, his personable manner and genuine knowledge of and enthusiasm for his subject matter. Our grandson, a real train enthusiast, hasn't stopped talking about it yet, and neither have we. Justin combines all the perfect traits of a guide, and anyone able to schedule a tour with him will have a most memorable experience. His give aways at the end of pictures of Penn station before and after, etc. will be lasting mementoes of our wonderful experience. Untapped tours is amazing with its unique offerings, excellent guides and ease of scheduling.ceejay0698/10/2021Remnants of Penn is excellent! The Remnants of Penn Station tour is amazing! Justin does an excellent job of presenting the history, including locations, along with covering all the remnants that still exist. The tour finishes with the positive improvements that have been made at the Moynihan Train Hall.marysD9684UI6/13/2021
- Fantastic NY Walking Tour I took the Penn Station tour. Tour guide Justin has deep knowledge of the history of the Station, back story, personalities, architecture. I've been in this station hundreds of times in the past 40 years and never "saw" the structures he showed us. He's personable and helpful and made this a "perfect 10" experienceKay C2/15/2021
- Excellent Tour, Very Informative Excellent tour. Justin knows so much about the history of Penn Station, and shares his love (and sometimes dislike!) for the place with everyone. I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone interested in NYC and transit history, or just if you want to know a little more about the US's largest train hub.Stagetek1/11/2021
About This Tour:
There are two things most commuters don’t realize about Penn station history: First, there used to be a gorgeous Beaux Arts station that was demolished in the mid-60’s. Second: Parts of that old station can still be found today. They’ve just been buried under the arena that landed on top of them. Although Amtrak only acknowledges one remnant remaining, tour participants will learn about station history and discover over a dozen remnants of the McKim, Mead & White building hiding in plain sight. Penn Station tours will continue to be supported by photographic presentations of the station by renown photographers Norman McGrath, Peter Moore, and Aaron Rose, along with the work of railroad aficionados Alexander Hatos, an employee of Pennsylvania Railroad and Ron Ziel, a railroad historian.
Ear pieces are provided to each guests, ensuring everyone hears the guide perfectly, even from a distance!
This tour costs $312 for up to 8 guests, and $39 for each additional guests.