- Discover the secrets of one of the world’s greatest museums
- Hear behind-the-scenes stories from a longtime Met security guard
- Locate hidden traces of the Met’s 150 year history
- Peer into the eyes of a once-stolen Greek statue
- Find the tooth of Mary Magdalen in a Renaissance reliquary
- See the Met’s familiar masterpieces in a fascinating new light
About This Tour:
Discover the secrets of this New York City icon! Your guide, Patrick Bringley, worked for a decade as a guard in the Met, keeping watch over this two million square foot treasure house. Having explored every corner of the galleries and haunted its vast backstage, he authored the memoir All the Beauty in the World, forthcoming from Simon & Schuster. On this unique walking tour, you will explore the inner working of this vaunted institution from an intimate, first-hand perspective. You will come face to face with beautiful objects whose stories span multiple continents and millennia. Whether you are a devoted museum member or are visiting the Met for the first time, you are sure to leave having learned, seen, and experienced something new and extraordinary. This tour of the Met is great for history buffs and art lovers alike.
Tour price includes admission to the Met museum.
(Please note that per the Met’s policy all tour participants are required to pay at the group admission rate, including Met members and NYC residents.)
100% refund up to 72 hours prior to the start of your tour.
When canceled less than 72 hours before the start of your tour, we will do our best to reschedule you or issue you a credit to use on any of our upcoming tours. This credit won’t expire until you use it!