Behind the Scenes Tour of Tiffany Glass Archives
Tiffany Glass Archives Behind-the-Scenes Tour
Discover the world's largest collection of Tiffany Glass and the secrets behind Tiffany's groundbreaking innovations
Tucked inside an unmarked warehouse in Long Island City, there is a priceless assortment of Tiffany glass, a colorful assemblage of odds and ends that make up part of the largest Tiffany collection ever assembled. Brilliant pieces of flat glass in sheets and shards and beguiling glass “jewels,” more than a quarter of a million pieces in total, are stored in towering rows of shelves and drawers. These pieces were salvaged from the Tiffany Studios in Corona, Queens when it shut down in 1937, and were acquired by a Dr. Egon Neustadt in 1967. While pieces of Neustadt’s collection are on display in the Queens Museum, the New-York Historical Society and in travelling exhibitions, the Glass Archives have remained largely unseen by the public. Untapped New York is partnering with the Archive and invites you to join their small group behind-the-scenes tour where you will discover these treasures on your own. This tour is operated by the Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass.
Upcoming tours will take place on the following dates:Book Now
- Explore the largest collection of Tiffany glass ever assembled
- See examples of nearly every color and technique employed in Tiffany designs
- Learn about Dr. Egon Neustadt and his wife Hildegard and how they started their Tiffany collection in 1935
- See the collection come to life with dazzling lighting demonstrations and an up-close look at the stunning glass pieces
- Discover the secrets behind Tiffany’s groundbreaking innovations in glassmaking and his revolutionary contributions to the art of stained glass.
This tour was absolutely incredible! The tour guides provided a wealth of knowledge and it was a fantastic, unforgettable experience.Katie Shippen
Great facts, highly recommend.. You won’t be disappointed!Mason T.
What Guests Have to Say
Experienced this tour before? Drop us a line!
Know Before You Go
Where To Meet
The group meets at The Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass located at 5-26 46th Avenue, Queens, NY 11101
How To Get There
- 7 train to Vernon Blvd - Jackson Av (7 minutes walk)
- G train to Court Square Station (10 minutes walk)
- E or M train to Court Square 23d St Station (10 minutes walk)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a minimum age to join this tour?
Yes, guests have to be at least 12 years old to join this tour, and minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
What is the cancellation policy for this tour?
All sales are final, tickets are non-refundable and cannot be resold.
Can I take photos on the tour?
Yes you can and please note that all captured content taken during the tour (pictures, videos etc.) is the property of The Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass. All captured content posted publicly is released to The Neustadt Collection of Tiffany Glass for public use.
We'll help you rediscover New York City.
Reach out and we’ll answer questions, help you plan a private event, and more.