- Access the Woolworth Building, which is normally off-limits to the public, with building architect Cass Gilbert’s great granddaughter, Helen Post Curry
- Learn about the history of the Building, how it was created and has been restored over the years
- Visit the spectacular “cathedral-esque” lobby and mezzanine of the building nicknamed the “Cathedral of Commerce”
- Explore the cellar level where you will see an abandoned bank vault and former direct access to the NYC subway
- Contemplate many Art Deco details including the gorgeous mailboxes and elevators
- Price: $45 per person
- What to know: The tour is one-hour long and is happening rain or shine! Please do not enter the Woolworth Building without our tour guide. Wait outside until the tour guide arrives; photographs are allowed but no flashes or videos will be permitted. There are no public restroom facilities available, and no food or drink or pets are allowed in the building. Children under 10 years old are not permitted. No cancellations or refunds.
- What to wear: Bring comfortable shoes
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY ABOUT THE TOUR:
“Fantastic tour. Appreciated the tour guide! Well worth the trip to see inside and learn about the history.” — Margaret K, Trip Advisor
“As a native New Yorker, I’d long heard of the beauty and opulence of the Woolworth Building, but somehow never bothered to investigate. When I saw the Untapped tour advertised, I signed up, and what a rewarding experience it was. Our tour guide, the great-granddaughter of the architect Gilbert Cass, was articulate, witty, and knew EVERYTHING about the building. Prepare for your jaw to drop as you enter the lobby. Simply gorgeous. I’d recommend the tour for anyone, native New Yorker or tourist. I’m only sorry I waited so long to visit.” — bercygirl, Trip Advisor
“I was so impressed with the knowledge shared about both the outside and inside of the building; along with surrounding area. I work near the Woolworth building and told all my co-workers to take the tour.” — mondo360, Trip Advisor
“What a rare opportunity it was to go behind the scenes in one of NYC’s most amazing buildings. The guide was the great granddaughter of Cass Gilbert, the architect of the Woolworth building and many other architectural treasures. She was knowledgeable and interesting. Highly recommended!” — doctatonic, Trip Advisor
“Very informative and engaging, and taught me many interesting things about the history and architecture of the Woolworth Building! It’s a unique opportunity to learn about its fascinating secrets” — Stephanie G, Trip Advisor
MORE ABOUT THE TOUR:
Untapped Cities is excited to offer this new, Untapped Cities-exclusive tour of the normally off-limits Woolworth Building led by building architect Cass Gilbert’s great granddaughter, Helen Post Curry, who runs the Woolworth Building tours. Cass Gilbert was Curry’s paternal great grandfather and she began running tours in the Woolworth Building on the 100th anniversary of the landmark. As Curry says herself, “there are so many behind-the-scenes “secrets” about the Woolworth Building” and we’re excited to share them with you on this special, insiders tour.
PHOTOS OF THE TOUR:
We also offer an “Insider Tour of the Woolworth Building” scheduled monthly on Tuesdays at 6pm. It is the same tour as this one except it is not given by Helen Curry (great-grand daughter of Cats Gilbert) but by another guide. It is also $40 instead of $45. To book the “Insider Tour of the Woolworth Building” use this link.