MoSA, or the Museum of Street Art, is the newest project by art collective 5Pointz Creates, and their largest public project since 2013. Join MoSA Curator and 5Pointz Director Marie Flageul and New York City photographer and art educator Rachel Alban for a guided tour of the museum inside the citizenM Bowery hotel. The tour will be followed by a Q&A session with Marie Flageul. You can join this exclusive tour if you are an Untapped Cities Insider. Not an Insider yet? Become a member today to access free behind-the-scenes tours and access to special New York City events all year long!
- Private walkthrough of MoSA, the Museum of Street Art with curator Marie Flageul
- Learn about the creative process behind the MoSA murals and their relation to the history of the neighborhood
- Discover the history of 5Pointz, including the whitewash, historic court case, and evolution into 5Pointz Creates
- Explore the relationship between 5Pointz and citizenM, a successful collaboration between the aerosol artist community and real estate hospitality
- Q&A to follow with curator Marie Flageul
DATE: Friday, November 9th at 5PM-6:30PM
PRICE: FREE for Untapped Cities Insiders!
CAPACITY: 20 guests. Spots allocated on a first come, first served basis.
REGISTRATION: Friday, October 26th, at 12 PM EST
Spanning 20 stories of citizenM Bowery’s stairwell as well as outdoor terra-cotta works and murals. This “Vertical Love Letter to the Lower East Side” was inspired by icons of the neighborhood, and encompasses 21 works, with each floor dedicated to a single artist’s craft. The participating artists—all of whom were an integral part of the original 5 Pointz—represent seven countries and span ages 25-65.