Richard Roth, Jr. on the Developer with an NYC-sized Sense of Humor
Photos courtesy of Robyn Roth-Moise
Hear Richard Roth, Jr. tell the stories behind some of the most fanciful and still fairly undiscovered buildings of his favorite client, Melvyn Kaufman.
- Learn about the man responsible for some of the most playful 20th century office buildings in New York City.
- Did you know there is a 19th Century Candy store, a mini-outdoor art gallery and a goldfish pond on Water Street? Hear the stories of how each came about.
- Discover the Third Avenue office building that has the world’s largest chessboard in it.
- Learn about the famed Conheim Clock on Water Street and other art pieces installed in Kaufman’s buildings.
- Get an overview of some of Emery Roth and Sons storied clients.
About the event:
After the construction of the Pan Am Building, Emery Roth and Sons had their hand in a lion share of the office buildings that were built in Manhattan. Now under the command of Richard Roth, Jr., the firm was working with some of New York City’s most powerful developers. Of all his many clients, Richard’s favorite was a man named Melvyn Kaufman, who with a deep sense of humor and whimsy wanted to change the concept of what an office building had to be. Who needs a lobby? Why not put playful public art out where everyone can see it? In this virtual talk Richard will tell us the stories behind some of the most fanciful and still fairly undiscovered building of his favorite client.
Attendees will receive a link to join the webinar after completing the registration.
How do I sign up for this event?
If you are not an Insider yet, become an Insider today.
If you are an Untapped New York Insiders, simply login to your Insider account using the round icon in the bottom right corner of this screen. Once logged in, clock on the “Book Now” button to book this event for free!
Can’t login to your Insiders account?
Please make sure you are trying to sign in with the correct email address. If you have more than one email address please try logging in with all of them, that will solve this issue 99% of the time. Check out our FAQ for videos and more help documents.I registered already, how do I join the event?
After signing up for the event, you will receive an email with a link from Livestorm. Simply click on this link to join the event! Please check your junk mail if you can’t find your Livestorm link.
I missed the event, can I watch the replay?
Yes you can! Simply go to the Video Archive and stream over 100 past webinars, including this one. You will also get a link with the recording of the webinar as soon as it ends